Sunday, April 24, 2005

Doing the Sand

Just been from a three-day weekend in Abu Dhabi lounging at the Beach Rotana Hotel with my daughter, my husband, my in-laws (sis, bro & cuz). The weather is indeed getting warmer but still not warm enough. In fact, the sea was quite cold thus giving my daughter a bit of a cold these days. We had a great time creating sand castles which looked more like "crap" castles...but what the heck. Amber thoroughly enjoyed splashing in the beach and throwing sand at every living, breathing, moving object that came near her. She excitedly and repeatedly screamed, "Mom, I'm doing the sand!" Now that didn't sound right...or wholesome! Do, the operative word, being to throw or to play with. Oh well a lesson in syntax, context and grammar would have to ensue later to keep her at "appropriate" level as per society's standards. Reminds me of a scene in Mel Brook's 'The History of the World part 1' where he said - as the prince of France - "You do it. Everybody's doing it. I did it and I'm going to do it again."

No comments: