Monday, November 01, 2004

It's the end of the world as we know it....!

I've just watched "The Day After Tomorrow" and always when I watch films with these theme (Armageddon, Deep Impact, Independence Day, etc.) where man is pitted against a foe so powerful there is not other choice but death or survival of a very (to a point unlucky) few, I'm reminded of human frailty and the future generation.

Truly, I would not wish any natural calamity of such magnitude to ever scare, beset, upset or be experienced by, my daughter. Naturally, I would not wish it on any of my loved ones in our life time. But what if....?

I tossed and turned in my sleep last night just grappling at the idea that such things, though remote and highly unlikely still have a percentage of possibility. Catastrophes like this truly will check if we are made of sterner stuff...and brings us into perspective - the things that really matter and that is life and the lives and well-being of our loved ones.

No comments: